The Tattler | Will Meinen
OMAHA, Neb. — Results of a Gallup opinion poll show that 90 percent of Americans now believe controversial radio host Rush Limbaugh to be a total dick.
“I always thought he was just a very opinionated and passionate small government conservative,” said Bill Myers of Norfolk, Virginia. “After this incident with the girl from Georgetown though, I think he might just be a prick.”
Sandra Fluke, the Georgetown law student who testified to Congress regarding the need for birth control to be covered under new health care mandates, was deemed a ‘slut’ by Limbaugh during his radio program on February 29.
A sample of 2,562 adults over the age of 25 were contacted via phone and asked if they thought Limbaugh had gone too far in his criticisms of Ms. Fluke. A majority of the respondents, 85 percent, felt that it was wrong to refer to Fluke as a hooker who believes that taxpayers should underwrite her sexual promiscuity. Of the remaining 15 percent — 8 percent did not own a car radio, and the last 7 percent asked for Ms. Fluke’s number.
“It was way over the line to suggest that Ms. Fluke was a harlot who didn’t want to pay for contraception,” said Molly Fife of Oklahoma City, OK. “Not only did he act like a total douchebag, he made a number of statements that suggest a basic misunderstanding of contraception. Does he not understand that the pill is not the equivalent to the male condom? You take the pill whether you’re having sex or not. No man is just wearing a condom over his limp penis every day. Ignorant dickhole.”
The Gallup survey included anchoring questions to register respondent’s opinions of the influential media personality before and after his controversial remarks. Of those who responded, 40 percent rated Limbaugh as “Class ‘A’ Jerk” before the birth control debate. That 40 percent reported even greater negative feelings about the double-chinned shock jock after his remarks last week, almost all of them choosing the response option “Giant Fuckwad” to describe Limbaugh.
The remaining 60 percent described Limbaugh in open-ended response questions as “socially conservative,” “partisan,” and “argumentative” before the Fluke event. Those same Americans now consider him to be “dick-ish,” “dick-like,” “kind of a prick,” and “a bit of an asshole.”
The fallout of Limbaugh’s on air attacks against Ms. Fluke has serious financial consequences for his programming. Advertisers have pulled their financial support in protest. ProFlowers, an online florist, was the most recent company to distance themselves from Limbaugh professionally, causing one to wonder where Rush will get discount flowers next time he insults his wife during her menstrual cycle.